Tummy Tuck Surgery – Precautions to Take Before and After the Procedure
Tummy tuck surgery is the ideal procedure if you are looking to get rid of excess abdominal fat and skin. This cosmetic surgery involves the liposuction process by which surplus fat deposits are effectively removed. Reliable plastic surgery practices utilize advanced devices such as Smartlipo Triplex, BodyTite and VASER 2.0 to perform the procedure and deliver optimal results. However, you have to keep in mind the precautions to take before and after the tummy tuck procedure for the best outcome and safe recovery.
Preparation before the Surgery
Some of the things to be kept in mind before undergoing the tummy tuck surgery include the following.
- Have a look at the blogs or forums depicting earlier candidate experiences to be confident enough to handle similar situations.
- Keep your mindset ready for a surgery and seek proper consultation
- A drastic diet before the surgery is not recommended
- Talk to your surgeon about the medications you usually take and he will guide you on what to take and what not to.
- It is advisable to quit smoking at least a few weeks before the surgery.
- Get your home ready with necessary things such as ice packs, petroleum jelly, handheld shower head, loose clothing etc
- Arrange for someone to take you home after the surgery as you won’t be able to drive alone
- Always be realistic about the results of the surgery
Precautions after the Surgery
Things to be taken care of after the abdominoplasty to enhance the effectiveness of the surgery and to ensure good results include the following:
- Follow a balanced diet and take plenty of rest following the surgery for quick healing
- It will be good to have more of raw fruits and increase fluid intake
- The pain medications taken should be approved by your surgeon
- Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking so as not to hinder the healing process
- Lifting materials of an above average weight is not recommended for about 6 weeks
- Avoid giving strain to the abdominal muscles via exercise or other activity for 6 weeks. Follow healthy exercise patterns as per the instructions from the surgeon.
- Resume your normal work in 2-4 weeks, specifically as advised by the surgeon
- Exposing your scars to the sun may affect the quick healing process
- The incisions are to be kept clean to avoid infection that may lead to other complications
- Antibacterial soaps should be used for body wash to keep incisions clean
- Avoid giving tension on the incision while sleeping by maintaining the right posture
- If you don’t feel comfortable with the healing process, you may seek necessary instructions from the plastic surgeon
These are the precautions to be taken before and after the tummy tuck procedure which will not only ensure a safe surgery, but also help you benefit from impressive results. You can achieve a flatter, firmer abdomen with a narrower waistline that will make you look and feel great in your favorite outfits.