Lose the Deep Facial Lines and Sunken Cheeks Using Dermal Filler Injections
Although both treatments involve injections, we should not confuse dermal fillers with botox. Both get injected into the face, but where botox is used to stop muscle movement which results in wrinkles, we use fillers to add volume to the face. This involves placing the fillers in strategic places to lift the cheeks and jowls, give volume to the lips and fill deep lines. This treatment can improve your looks, enhance your profile and leave your face with a natural expression.
Dermal fillers are a non-surgical treatment, used to plump up depressions in the skin. The main reason for depressions in the skin are wrinkles, lines and loss of volume caused by the aging process. As we age, it is well-known that the skin loses its smoothness, and this happens because the body’s natural levels of collagen reduce with age. This causes the skin to lose its shape and firmness, and this is a problem that dermal fillers can rectify.
Examples of the use of dermal fillers :
- Marionette lines – these lines run from the corners of the mouth, down towards the chin, causing deep creases which lead to jowls or a poorly defined jaw line. These are often a result of volume loss in the upper and mid face, combined with the effects of gravity.
- Nasolabial lines – these are the deep lines from the nose to the mouth, where deep creasing can occur. Often these are a result of volume loss in the cheeks and temples.
- Cheek Augmentation – loss of volume in the cheeks flattens the mid face. Dermal fillers are an effective treatment that instantly adds volume to cheeks, giving an immediate more youthful appearance.
- Forehead wrinkles – Frown lines are the vertical lines between the eyebrows, and they are one of the most common signs of aging. Dermal fillers are perfect for softening and minimizing the very deep lines which are visible, even when your forehead is at rest.
- Tear troughs – this treatment gives a natural filled out appearance, correcting the hollows beneeth the eyes.
- Lip enhancement – dermal fillers will give your lips better definition, reduce lipstick bleed and will enhance thin, aging or asymmetrical lips. Filler treatment is a perfect solution to give you fuller, healthy looking lips, reducing smoker’s lines and lifting mouth corners.
Dermal fillers work by plumping up the treated area and making it level with the rest of the skin, filling out any depressed areas such as wrinkles or sunken cheeks. A very fine needle injects the filler into the treatment area, which adds more structure and firmness to the face. Most people report only a slight discomfort when the dermal fillers get injured, so the treatment usually does not require an anesthetic. After treatment, you can go straight back to your normal activities. The results are usually seen instantly and will last for around six to eight months.
- A non-invasive treatment with little downtime, so you can return to normal activities straight away.
- Reduction of lines and wrinkles to give a more youthful looking appearance.
- Will replenish lost volume for a softer more younger look
- Long lasting results.