Checklist Before Undergoing Cosmetic Surgery
Cosmetic surgery has been quick-fix solution for men and women who want to achieve their ideal look. Though there are other options rather than going under the knife, it is considered as the most effective and fastest way to achieve perfection. However, one must know that this isn’t an overnight process and that it can be a painful process. And so if you are still indecisive about the whole process, here is a checklist that you might want to go through before reaching a decision:
1. Know what you exactly want – if you want to go through cosmetic surgery, make sure that you have done your homework. Liposuction for example, can be done in many parts of the body. Be specific as to where you want to have it done or if it’s in the mid section or in the tummy, you may consider tummy tuck.
2. Make sure the doctor / surgeons are licensed – this is very important. Never allow an unlicensed person to do the procedure because it could result to grave danger. In addition to that, unlicensed “doctors” do not have insurance to cover up the cost in case something undesirable happens. Do not take the risk; hire the best licensed cosmetic doctor you can find. In choosing your surgeon, make sure that he specializes on the procedure that you want to be done.
3. Ask before and after pictures of clients – this will likely help you in getting a good view on how good the surgeon is. Also, through before and after photos, you get to conjure an image of how you would look after the said procedure. This means, if you are not satisfied with what you see, then it’s best to explore other options or find another doctor.
4. Know the procedure – Again, you need to do your homework. Know what are the procedures that you need to go through. This will also help in managing your expectations in terms of the process. Know important information such as the length of the recovery period, activity restrictions, as well as short term and long term maintenance. In any time you feel uncomfortable or have any hesitations, discuss it with your doctor immediately.
5. Research on the risks involved – risk are always at the back of anyone’s mind who is considering a cosmetic or plastic surgery. There have been a number of surgeries gone wrong and so, as much as possible you must limit these risks by getting the service of a good quality doctor, the safety of the procedure as well as the instruments used, and openly discuss with your surgeon on what will happen if anything goes wrong. The keyword her is “anticipate”. Anticipate everything so you’ll know what to do if the risk becomes a reality.
6. How much would it cost – Finding the best price for cosmetic procedure may be the least of your worries if you are really decided to achieve the beauty that you long for. But if you are in a tight budget and you still want to push through with the procedure, make sure that it would not compromise the results and your safety.
There are more things to consider before going though cosmetic surgery. The patient’s physical and mental preparedness as well as what their close family and friends think about the idea, are other significant factors to consider in the success of the surgery. It is important to note that, more than the aesthetic satisfaction that cosmetic surgery can provide to a person, confidence and a boost of self esteem will always its most remarkable result.