Breast Reduction Surgery – A Smart Choice
A breast reduction procedure is an ideal option for women who have large, oversized breasts. The surgery involves removing excess breast fat, skin and glandular tissue from the breasts to improve shape and minimize the difficulties caused by oversized breasts. With breast reduction surgery performed in a reputable surgical center, women can expect well-shaped breasts that are more proportionate to their body and an attractive bustline.
Benefits of Breast Reduction Surgery in a Reliable Practice
- Top plastic surgery practices have a good reputation in providing effective and natural looking results for breast surgery procedures.
- Plastic surgeons employed in reputable practices are quite experienced in providing advanced reduction surgery techniques for women. They have extensive training and surgical experience in handling different breast reduction/ breast lift surgery to provide patients with breasts of the desired shape and size.
- Reputable plastic surgery centers are AAAASF-accredited and focused on providing optimal results and patient safety. The surgeons use advanced technologies and proven techniques to help patients achieve their cosmetic goals.
Breast Reduction Surgery Techniques Available
Reputable surgery practices offer the latest surgery techniques to help to address issues such as heavy, pendulous breasts and enlarged areolas.
- Vertical only Reduction Mammoplasty: This surgery technique involves making ‘lollipop’ shaped incisions – one around the around the areola and other mainly in the inframammary fold. This breast surgery technique is appropriate for patients who want to remove approximately 1.7 pounds (800 grams) from each breast. This technique can result in a projecting, attractive breast shape with limited scarring. Considerable sensory innervation to the nipple-areola complex is also maintained in this procedure. Another important aspect of vertical reduction mammoplasty is related to the body’s ability to shrink skin and thereby reshape the breasts. In certain cases, a revision procedure may be needed based on the amount of skin that was unable to shrink.
- Liposuction only Breast Reduction: This surgical technique is a safe procedure which removes extra fat stored in the breasts. Scarring is minimal major cuts or incisions are not required. The liposuction cannula is inserted through a small incision which heals soon without leaving any major marks. There are also no sensory changes in the nipple-areola complex. This technique is ideal for younger patients with adequate skin tone. Moreover, this technique is best for those patients who are looking for a complete solution for heavy, oversized breasts. The surgical procedure helps to lift the breasts by a significant degree, thereby reducing breast size by more than fifty percent.
Locate a Reliable Surgery Practice
Before considering a breast reduction surgery, it is important to thoroughly research the surgical centers in the area, learn about the plastic surgeons and the different procedures they offer. Choose to have your procedure performed by a reputable plastic surgeon in an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery center. With a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon, you can expect a safe, comfortable surgical experience and satisfactory results.